Saturday 5 May 2012

Bootcamp Week #01

I signed-up for a Camp Pikaland online art course - just before it started on Monday - called Making Your Mark. Excited about stretching my art-making muscles, experiencing an online class and meeting new friends in this Bootcamp.

There are 6 weekly assignments and this week has been a good start. This week's assignment got me looking more closely to nature for inspiration.

Bootcamp Assignment #01

Bootcamp Assignment #01

Bootcamp Assignment #01

This was one of the first photo I took and I finally used it to inspire my first piece of art. I also decided to try a medium I am less familiar with - acrylic on canvas.

Bootcamp Assignment #01

Taking into consideration the five elements of colour, texture, light, composition and subject helped me work through the process.

Bootcamp Assignment #01

I manage to complete the piece this afternoon.

Bootcamp Assignment #01

In terms of technique, I guess I was just muddling through. All the same, I would say that I do find this a pretty interesting piece to look at. The first week of camp has been jolly fun, and my fellow campers are a creative and friendly bunch.

Now to wait for my teachers' critique. And next week's assignment.

No comments: