Friday 14 March 2008

Eat Up!

Despite of the rain these few days, I walked through some old familiar places recently. At lunchtime, it started to drizzle and I was at Whampoa. Surprisingly, there are 2 hawker centres side-by-side there and both recently upgraded. There was a sizeable lunchtime crowd despite the rain.

The fried meatball noodles I ate was delicious. Each meatball was flavourful and offered a good bite. Listening in on the friendly banter of an old lady customer with the stallkeeper was amusing too - how she teased and asked for a small packet of chilli, and how she repeatedly offered her packet of yong tau foo noodle.

For the past 2 days, I have also tried my hand at preparing my own lunch. Using only ingredients excavated from the fridge, I managed to whip up this simple but tasty meal.

From the tableware, you can tell that there is something about presentation that I enjoy.

No comments: