Tuesday 22 May 2007

Chic-ky Sign

I wanted a shop sign that reflected the nature of the shop and yet was not so expensive (cheapo that I am). So, I explored putting up zinc sheets (metals are expensive), acrylic (not cheap either) and even carpet grass.

Then I remembered coming across this shop that sells woven bamboo chick blinds. It must be really rare to find a shop in Singapore selling something entirely handmade, and at a reasonable price too. Today I collected my hand-woven and hand-painted blinds.

First, a little detour. I had a bowl of rochor laksa. I like the quaint and nostalgic look of this dish, much like how I wanted my sign to be.

This is the fabulous George Bamboo Chick Centre at 120, Jalan Besar. Great service!

And here it is - my black-and-white-bungalow inspired, bamboo chick, cheeky, chic (??) and cheap signboard.


No comments: